Thursday, February 21, 2013

Goldmember Part 2: DIY Gilded Magazine Rack

Off the tails of yesterday's post about how I'm basically Austin Powers' Goldmember, here's another Midas touch transformation I did of a cheap shabby-chic chickenwire magazine rack that I found at Home Goods.

Here's the original:


Very industrial Returns to Oz steampunk, no? Cool but not my style. Laid it out in the garden...


Did a quick spray primer with my favorite, Rustoleum, to make the paint stick.



Two coats of Rustoleum's shiny gooooold:


Oops, missed a spot!


Ta da! Left it outside for 48 hours to dry...


And found a temporary spot next to the new office couch just in order to stop the cats from scratching. The office is in mid-renovation after my last shame-sesh. Updates soon, I promise!


Who dares to disturb my slumber?




I plan on actually nailing this to the wall and maybe making it into a little in/out box over my desk, or a hers/his, once the office is finished remodeling. Because gold makes even going through the mail a fancy affair!

2 comments:

  1. yeh you went to homegoods! did you love it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @cynabun37 yes, it's awesome! i didn't find the lamps I was looking for, but about 8 million other things that I didn't need but totally want now.

      Delete