Sunday, March 4, 2012

Next Up: The Office

Now that the dresser is finished, I'm facing my next big challenge: a shared office space. For two writers who work a lot at home, this is the big kahuna. We both spend an inordinate amount of time at our desks, writing, editing, storyboarding, and twittering, so we need this space to be as conducive to creativity and productivity as possible (as well as double as a guest room for my impoverished visiting poet friends). As much as I don't wanna mess with my beau's creativity by hanging up floofy actors' vision boards ("Universe, I will book a pilot!"), I also can't work well in a dark and cavernous library overflowing with books.

Here's my challenge:

Dun dun dunnnnn!

Tight space, too much stuff, non-matching furniture, mismatched styles, and no light. I already chose some dark grey-taupe paint that I love, but it just ain't working with the giant 80s desk and office chair I inherited from the previous tenant, the overflow of books that we have, and the Persian rug that makes me feel like I'm trapped in a professor's office. I want to make this as modern, light, and airy as possible, without emasculating my dude and his man-(half)cave or messing up his flow. Anyone got any ideas?