Thursday, July 3, 2014

Flea Circus

Made it out to the Melrose Trading Post last weekend with my pal Cynthia, who was on the lookout for some cheap succulents.

My friend Kai calls it "looking at junk," but I can't resist browsing through all the fun antiques and oddities at the flea markets that pop up all over California on the weekends. Where else can you find a bunch of old typewriters upon which to write the Great American novel...


"It was the best of times; it was the blurst of times."

...mirrors you can turn into trays for your vanity table, or as I did from my Rose Bowl find, a liquor tray for our dining nook...

Just stare into your empty-eyed reflection as you swig the last of that vodka, you sad animal.

...and that Snoopy goodies jar from the 1980s your mom used to keep all the lollipops in?

Yum!

Plus you'll never know when a saddle will come in handy (complete with rope to lasso)...

Yee-haw!

...or when you'll decide to dig out your old Nintendo from your parents' basement and defeat the entire Legend of Zelda game.

Up up down down left right left right B A select start.
Here's King Triton's chest of mermaid jewels...

I consider myself a reasonable merman.

Ah yes. And the succulents. It's easy to forget what you came in for, since there are so many diversions.



Only a dollar each! What a total steal. I picked up a few and decided to gift them by planting them into some little terrariums. More on that in my next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment