Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weekend DIY: Updated Terracotta Planter

This is where a little boredom and a lot of spray paint will get you.

Problem: A boring ol' terracotta pot, the kind you get from Home Depot for like $7.



I'm tired of seeing my plants in these pots, so I decided to play around and give it an update based on my last experiment with leftover bottles.

Given a free afternoon and some leftover spray paint, here's what I did. First, a coat of white spray paint. Then some painter's tape and some sides to an old audition to create some diagnoal stripes:


And a few swipes with my beloved gold Rust-o-leum spray paint...


Peel off the tape and voila! A brighter, more modern pot!


Planted this baby into his new home...


And gave him a good drink to help him settle in.


Aaaah. That's the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment