Wednesday, April 10, 2013

DIY Repurposed Bottle Vase

Sometimes I just have too much time on my hands. Last weekend I was spray painting some frames, so I thought I'd play with an empty Calvados liquor bottle I had lying around from an Apple party (Apple TV +Apple liquor + Apples to Apples = NONTSTOP FUN) a few weeks back.

The original bottle looked something like this:


I washed out the bottle and removed the label, then spray painted it all white. After it dried, I covered half with painters tape, and sprayed the bottom half gold:



Let that dry, then removed the tape. Ta da!



A single flower vase repurposed from an old liquor bottle!



My inspiration was this Nate Berkus for Target bowl:



Less gloss, but free and a fun random project. And now I have a skinny vase, to match my cocaine and speed salt and pepper shakers.





2 comments:

  1. i totally want to do this as i have both white and gold spray paint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cynabun37 Do it! It's super easy and only took a few minutes. It's a great way to use those liquor bottles with shapes are just so pretty you don't wanna throw them out.

    ReplyDelete