Monday, March 11, 2013

Cats at the Winter Garden Theater

As a New Yorker, I'm used to seeing brick walls and alleyways when I look out my window. So it's still constantly amazing to me that now that I live in Los Angeles, I can walk outside and be in my own private garden.

Last month marked a year since we moved here and I took over the garden (and a year since I started this blog) so I'm still in the process of figuring out when things happen and whether I am truly a plant murderer. I was halfway scared that I basically killed everything in the garden during my tenure here. But now it looks like I may be wrong. Now that the night chill isn't as biting cold, small signs of life are emerging in our garden. It's a theater of color. I missed capturing the pomegranate bushes in bloom, but here are some snapshots of Signs of (Un)Intelligent Life.

My two Meyer lemons, not quite ripe

Giant geranium bush with pretty leaves

A flowering shrub with little purple flowers.

Hells yeah, the irises came back!
From the thingy under the plum blossom tree
My favorite succulent

Cats, tickets now on sale at the Winter Garden Theater



No comments:

Post a Comment