Friday, May 18, 2012

When You Wish Upon A Chair

I salivate at the sight of Hans Wegner wishbone chairs. The curved lines, the mix of modern and rustic, ay de mi!



Normally these suckers are like $800-$1000 a pop, but in my search for new dining room chairs, I found these high quality reproductions on Overstock.com for only $138:


Ummmm...can anyone really tell a difference? I think some reproductions of nice furniture are cheesy, but for $700 cheaper? These look pretty damn good. Can anyone attest to the comfort of actually sitting in these? I think I'm gonna registry this.

5 comments:

  1. um lady, you and me are on identical furniture hunts. i just got these for my dining table today.
    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Woodleg-Dining-Chairs-Set-of-4/5970962/product.html?CID=208011

    ReplyDelete
  2. also i found a bunch of manufacturers from China that do Eames reproductions. Leave it to the Chinese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love those! those were definitely another choice i was considering. And yes, leave it to the Chinese to bootleg Eames!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have some overstock stuff. if you like it, it's awesome, but they charged me a "Restocking fee" when i returned it.

    ReplyDelete