Monday, August 26, 2013

Apartment Therapy Style Cure: Painting a Lamp


As part of the Apartment Therapy Style Cure, I'm trying to make our office a little bit brighter and more colorful. One thing I've been meaning to do forever is to make over this lamp that I have been hating ever since I bought it. It was originally in our bedroom, until I got these cute matching lamps. Then it got relocated to the office as my desk lamp and it's been sitting in lamp limbo (lampbo?) ever since. Here's the best photo I have of it:


It's fine, but it doesn't match anything. The shade is too busy, but I like the lines of the black base. First, I repurposed that lampshade for now onto this floor lamp (that's also on its way out the door)...

This'll have to go soon....
Since I've been trying to get more pops of color in the office space, I decided to bring out my trusty ol' spray paint and brighten up that lamp base. First, a coat of primer after using painters tape & plastic to cover up the electrical parts...


Then two coats of spray yellow gloss enamel...


...swapped the lampshade with the floor lamp and voila! Bright pop of color to match our newly lined bookcases. I'm looking for a pure white (rather than off white) drum shade to go with it, but for now, this'll do.


I like lamp.

1 comment:

  1. HI I am Smoya Verma, I have business in Noida, when I need to grow up my business that time I need full furnished office too, yourofficespace is the one of best online real estate company who suggest me awesome full furnished luxury Office space for rent in noida within my budget. The 24*7 support is also good of yourofficespace , thanks yourofficespace for suggesting me a wonderful office at sector 18 noida.

    ReplyDelete